- Developing skillsTerm paper warehouse
Research paper length
Getting a sample with a title page
Statistics research paper hints
Term paper help
Sociology term paper topic ideas
Using tables and graphs
Term paper proposal example
How to be precise
Stay away from cheap online services
Choose your topic wisely
Research paper writing manual
Essay intro&summary writing
PPACA individual mandate: paper sample
How to write a method section
5 things to organize your paper
How to connect paragraphs
Crafting a good thesis statement
Dissertation thesis writing skills training
- Good helpChoosing Psychology topics
Criminal justice paper ideas
APA title page example
Argumentative paper topics
Looking for a research paper topic
Crafting an apa format paper
Art history thesis topic tutoring
Term papers for dummies
Science research paper topics
Original Macbeth topics
Finding a good APA sample
Ideas for a Geography paper
Term paper MLA styling tutorial
Convincing thesis writing tips
Editing and proofreading tips
Best argumentative topics
Law term paper topics
Latest APA standards
Persuasive paper topics
Research paper introduction
APA format sample outline
- Writing hintsIdeas on picking a topic
Picking an argument topic
Cover page formatting hints
A topic in Economics
Writing an outline
APA references format
3 hints on term paper writing
Free term paper samples
Term paper basic structure
Term project biology topic
Great college research paper topics
Finding research paper help
Education research paper topics
Insights for a criminal justice paper
College term paper topics on Math
Writing a research project on breast cancer
Example titles for a term paper
Looking for free term paper samples
Getting Archaeology term paper examples
Coming up with IB research project topics
Inventing Biology term project topics
Finding research project outline in the APA
How to write thesis online
Content writing jobs for students
Custom thesis writing
MLA research projects: writing tips
Looking for an Art History research project
Finding a paper thesis statement example
Getting a youth problems research project
Outlining a US History research project
Research project problem statements
In search of term paper abstracts
Introduction and literature review writing
Finding a reliable writing company
Composing an MLA research paper rough draft
Getting an example of an introduction
Quantitative method in a research paper
Academically acceptable length of a good research paper
How many pages should a good research paper be? To answer this question, we need to look at a few technical aspects of the paper—how it’s written, what its purpose is and what format it should be in. These and other features should help you to gauge, with a high level of certainty, at what point your paper is long enough to be academically acceptable.
How it’s written
Most professors require written projects to be typed in size 12, Times New Roman font. Bearing this in mind, a full Word document page will consist of approximately 500 words (including your heading and other format requirements). Your research text should contain a total of between 2500 to 3000 words.
A note on relevance
Going a little bit over or under this word count isn’t exactly academic suicide, but bear in mind that your professor will want to dedicate enough time to your paper to give it a good score, and at the same time won’t want to waste too much time reading irrelevant information.
The purpose and subject
Certain research papers require additional information besides words; such as images, graphs, tables or other illustrations. Try to remember not to use up as much space as you can when using any of these mediums so as to minimize the word content (professors have seen all these tricks before). If your research paper unavoidably requires lots of space-robbing mediums, then always make up for that space by writing an acceptable amount of content too.
Headings, subtitles and captions will affect your research paper length, but don’t exclude these from your word count. Each one of them is just as much a part of your paper as the rest of the plain text, and should be treated as such. Involve the reader with catchy subtitles and enthral them with captions that actively describe your photo or graph.
Your main heading should be moderately large, but don’t overdo it. Making it look like you’re trying to take up space will most often result in a negative score.
Considering all of these points, we can comfortably conclude that about 7 pages is an acceptable length for a good research paper. Falling back to 6 pages is fine, but try not to go over 8 pages as this will just start becoming too long for your professor to give your research paper the attention it deserves.
What we help with
- Midterm projects
- Research papers
- Topic selection
- Outline structure
- Fighting plagiarism
Welcome to OpenScrolls.org – the best free academic resource for college students. We will teach you how to write impeccable introductions and conclusions for your term papers as well as show you how to conduct research for your term papers.
Helping students get better grades through writing guides and manuals.
and research papers!
Get your writing assignment done in 4 simple steps
1Fill in order
- Submit your instructions
to writers for free!
- Start receiving proposals from writers
- Chat with preferred expert writers
- Request a preview of your paper
from them for free
3Choose writer &
- Hire the most suitable writer to
complete your order
- Reserve money for paying
- View the progress
- Give suggestions
- Pay only for approved parts
The Best Research Paper Topics for College Students
The success of a research paper mostly depends on the topic, which is why a lot of time is spent searching for the right research paper topics for college students. All academic authors face a similar problem, from freshmen to professors.
You had already written some research papers when you were at school, but college level research paper topics will be more difficult and require from you deeper knowledge and analytical skills. At college tutors expect students to not only state information about certain topics, but also to draw new knowledge, critically evaluate information, and make original conclusions.
There are three keys that increase your chances to pick a good topic for a research paper:
- Look at worldwide experience. An analytical overview of recent advances will give a good basis for your topic.
- Be flexible. You can change the direction of your topic during writing.
- Be in trend with latest news. Keep track on several sections of the news portal and analyze situations.
You can be inspired with situations that have occurred with you or your friends, or from information that you have read a long time ago. College research paper topic ideas can evolve just in conversation with your family or tutor. All you need to remember is: write only about topics that are interesting for you, consider up-to-date information, and always make sure that there is enough information about the topic to conduct research.
But this is not a reason to panic! We have prepared a unique college research paper topics list on various topics. The list was divided into three parts depending on the complexity of research: easy, medium, and hard.
Easy Topics for College Research Papers
- Analyze the accountability and effects of police body-worn cameras.
- Examine the history of Bollywood music. What style is the most common?
- Present arguments about why cannabis should be decriminalized in all states of the U.S.
- Describe what situations in college make the student’s life unsustainable.
- Describe how the topic about xiake is depicted in Asian movies.
- Yellowstone volcano: How would an eruption influence the U.S. and the whole world?
- Identify types of alternative medicine that are popular in the U.S.
- Design and construction of thermal energy power systems around the globe.
- Research and discuss the bibliography of Ernest Gaines.
- Analysis of free software movement and its contribution to society.
- The challenges of managing a multi-generational workforce.
- Describe social peculiarities of Islamophobia in Russia and the U.S.
- Analyze the promotion of cognitive development among elderly people.
- Investigate the problem of involuntary de-boarding situation among airlines.
- Offer distinct arguments about the benefits of probation and problems that it creates.
Medium Topics for College Research Papers
- Research and discuss the benefits of Catalonia receiving independence.
- Distinctive characteristics of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- About the salvation of non-Christians and the eternity of torment in “The Great Divorce” by C. S. Lewis.
- Identify the assessment methods of community health needs.
- How has healthcare reform helped or hurt access to healthcare in the U.S.?
- Analyze the influence of Mexico City’s transportation on air pollution.
- Muslim migration. What are the consequences of this migration and should it be stopped?
- Analysis of reasons of the Soviet famine of 1932–33 and its consequences.
- The use of diagnostic medical sonography in obstetrics and gynecology.
- Examine the effects of pre-election polling on voter behavior.
- Police psychology. Analysis of methods for shaping qualities necessary for effective performance of official duties.
- Describe what controversial issues have arisen from Guantanamo Bay.
- Discuss the regulation of live videos on Facebook and other social networks in the example of the case with the killing in Thailand.
- Analyze problems of the utilization of long-lived radioactive waste in U.S. radioactive management.
- The role of iron supplementation in the treatment of anemia in cancer patients.
Hard Topics for College Research Papers
- Analysis of Japanese history from the Jomon to the Nara Period.
- Compare the aspects of United States corporate law with the judiciary of Saudi Arabia.
- Sleep deprivation and its impact on dreams in the adult population.
- Contingency management for substance use treatment for pregnant and postpartum women.
- Moore’s Law. What impact did it have on computer development?
- How did the copyright laws in the 1930s affect how eugenics was portrayed on the silver screen?
- Features and benefits of formal and informal assessment for elementary.
- Outline the effects of the emigration of educated persons from Puerto Rico.
- The importance of sunlight in children’s hospitals and its influence on recovery.
- Analysis of growth of nuclear weapons across the globe on the example of North and South Korea.
- Identify and analyze similarities between the Book of Exodus and the Gospel of Matthew in the first two chapters.
- Describe the system of music education in China and peculiarities of its development.
- Discuss the issue of psychological help for first responders and consequences of systematic stress.
- Effect of obesity on kidney function and the possibility of drug therapy for children with obesity.
- Investigate and compare modern methods of assessing the activity of systemic lupus erythematosus.
Topic suggestion tool Find some good topics
18 thoughts on “The Best Research Paper Topics for College Students”
Hi there, it’s my first visit to this site and it carries amazing research topics for college!Reply ↓
These topics are great, but I need smth else… You have some art history research topics?Reply ↓
Dear Zoe, we have a post dedicated to art topics. Choose any of them you like here – https://essayshark.com/blog/art-history-research-paper-topics/Reply ↓
I have a humble question – can you help me with writing my research paper? I have selected the topic, but I don’t know what to do next…Reply ↓
Specify your topic here https://essayshark.com/ and your paper will be completed within deadline.Reply ↓
Hi! Can you help me guys? What topic is good for research in sports?Reply ↓
Check out our post https://essayshark.com/blog/60-best-sports-research-paper-topics and pick a topic that interests you the most.Reply ↓
Thank you! That was helpful.Reply ↓
I’m betting I have the best potential research topics than my classmates.Reply ↓
Thank you for these college research paper topics, now the most difficult part for me is to choose a topic to write about…hmmmReply ↓
Didn’t know what I was going to do for my research paper and now I have 3 potential topics.Reply ↓
Currently writing a psychology research paper on the sleep deprivation! Thanks for the topic!!!Reply ↓
What are good art history college research paper topics that I could write a research paper about?Reply ↓
Here you go – https://essayshark.com/blog/outstanding-research-paper-topics-to-get-started/Reply ↓
would really love to see research topics on psychologyReply ↓
Hope, you’ll find this post https://essayshark.com/blog/psychology-papers-topics/ useful.Reply ↓
I have a doubt which topic i choose for research study? i want to do research in zoology subject. can you clear my doubt?Reply ↓
Here are some suggestions for you to consider:
– Who is Dr. Scott Edwards? What is his scientific specialization, what is/are his major contributions to science?
– What sort of behaviors do elephants or dolphins have that seem to be geared towards the cohesiveness of the group and what behaviors have to do with survival? Or are those behaviors one in the same?
– Broadcast spawners are organisms that fling their gametes out into the water where fertilization takes place. Why would these organisms choose to be broadcast spawners? For those that are mobile, why not just have internal fertilization?
– If one assumes that we would prefer not to die to mate, why do so many organisms do just that? Explain some of the evolutionary forces that might have caused some organisms to sacrifice themselves for the opportunity to mate?
– Why do you think that parasites impact people so much in other parts of the world and not so much in the United States? What do you think can be done to reduce the rate of parasitic infection in other countries?
– Self-Medication in AnimalsReply ↓
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
→ Writer of the Month
- Academic writing
- Dissertation writing
- Essay writing
- EssayShark News
- Writer of the month
- Letter writing
- Presentation writing
- Research paper writing
- Review writing
- Article review samples
- Bibliography samples
- Biography samples
- Book review samples
- Business paper samples
- Case study samples
- Coursework samples
- Critical thinking samples
- Dissertation samples
- Essay samples
- Lab report samples
- Movie review samples
- Poem analysis samples
- Presentation samples
- Research paper samples
- Speech samples
- Summary samples
- Thesis samples
- Speech writing
- Term paper writing
- How to Write a Rogerian Essay As a Real Rhetorician
- Stem Cells Research Paper: Advantages and Disadvantages of Stem-Cell Therapy
- How to Write Who Am I Essay
- Impressive Collection of Wuthering Heights Topics for College Students
- Business Essay: The Main Business Cycles
What our customers say
Read the latest testimonials
- About Us
- Contact Us
- User Reviews
- Become a Freelance Writer
- Essay Writing App
- FAQ for Customers
- Terms & Conditions
- Confidentiality Policy
- Money Back Guarantee
- Ratings & Awards
- Essay Writers
- Personal Statement Help
- Paper Writers
- Personal Statement Writing Service
- Coursework Writing Service
- College Paper Writing Service
- Assignment Help
- Topic Suggestion Tool
- Sample Papers
- Thesis Writing Service
- Buy Research Paper
PayPal G2A PAY
Facebook Twitter Google+
- Writing College Essays
- Write My Paper for Me
- Write My Paper for Cheap
- Essay Writing Service
- Types of Essays
- Pay for Term Papers
- How to Write a Good Essay
- Buy Cheap Essays
- Free Essays
- Do My Essay
- Dissertation Assistance
- Dissertation Writing Service
- Cheap Custom Essays
- EssayShark Legit
- Research Papers for Sale
- College Essay Writing Service
- Term Paper Writing Service
- Write My College Essay
- Buy College Essays
- Cheap Dissertation
- Philosophy Essay Writing Service
- Research Paper Writing Service
© 2011 — 2018, EssayShark.com.